The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program is a federally funded program administered by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and is intended to provide contracting opportunities to small business owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. CamTran shall take reasonable steps to ensure that DBE's have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed, in whole or in part, with financial assistance from the United States Department of Transportation (DOT). The objectives of CamTran's DBE program are:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws;
- To ensure that only firms fully meeting the eligibility requirements of the DBE program are permitted to participate;
- To help create a level playing field on which DBE's can fairly compete for DOT assisted contracts;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE's in DOT assisted contracts;
- To help and assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE program; and
- To provide appropriate flexibility to establish and provide DBE's opportunities to participate in DOT assisted contracts in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Outreach Meeting Information
Notice is hereby given that the Cambria County Transit Authority (CamTran) will be hosting a Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Outreach meeting at its office located at 502 Maple Avenue Johnstown, PA 15901. This meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 from 1:00pm until 3:00pm. This meeting is open to all Small Businesses and Disadvantages Business Enterprise (DBE) organizations.
The purpose of this meeting will be to provide specific information about the Cambria County Transit Authority (CamTran) and the areas of purchasing opportunity for Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises. An agenda will be available.