JOIN the CAMTRAN TEAM:
Public transportation…more than just a job… a CAREER!
CamTran offers a variety of seasonal, part and full-time employment opportunities throughout the company.
At CamTran we are customer driven by a professional team, providing affordable, clean, safe, reliable and convenient mobility services for the public. All positions play a dynamic part in our mission.
Each employee at CamTran is dedicated to providing the best in customer service to ensure efficient and effective operation of our entire transit system, which is truly a CamTran team effort.
Be sure to check the website frequently for an updated list of openings.
How to Apply
CamTran always accepts applications for future consideration, in the event a position becomes available in the future. All applications are active for six months from date of submission and kept on file for a period of one year.
We encourage all applicants to resubmit an application when there is a change in employment history. All applicants must complete a CamTran job application for each position for which they are applying. Resumes without a completed application will not be accepted.
You are also requested to complete the “Affirmative Action Data Record” form, that is part of the application for each open position. This form is used for statistical purposes only and will be used for compliance with the law.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application:
1. Download, complete in its entirety, and sign the job application form. Indicate specifically the position for which you are applying. (required)
2. Attach a resume (optional)
3. Return the Application one of four ways:
Attn: Human Resources
502 Maple Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15901
2. Fax: (814) 536-5951
3. Scan and Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Hand-deliver to any CamTran location
Dependent on the position, a pre-employment skills assessment may be required.
You will only be contacted regarding your application, in the event you are selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - CamTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Cambria County Transit Authority is seeking motivated and qualified candidates for the following positions:
Johnstown location. Under minimum supervision, manage and control the general accounting functions for the assigned division in an accurate and timely manner, including the general ledger, payables, property and budget reporting. Complete the financial statements and reports on a regular and special request basis. Prepare the annual budget and grant preparation for the assigned division, as well as review entries to the general and statistical ledgers to assure accuracy. Wage: $35,000-$37,000/annually
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Accounting or related field and 4 years' experience in Accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel and multitasking skills required
- Must have a valid PA drivers license
Building and Grounds Assistant (Full-time)*
Johnstown location. Provides the necessary maintenance and general repair to the buildings and grounds of all Authority properties, requiring practical skills and knowledge in such trades as plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, HVAC, and masonry. This position is also responsible for the upkeep of all external landscaping including snow removal and operating lawn equipment, skid steers and dump trucks. Wage: $11.00/hour
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Must be willing to accept night and weekend call outs in emergencies
Rural Bus Operator (Part-time)*
Ebensburg location. Operates revenue service vehicles to pick up, transport, and deliver passengers to their destination, within a pre-established time schedule. Wage: $9.00 per hour training wage, $15.14 hourly wage after completing Operator Training and passing CDL.
- At least five years of passenger car driving experience and a high school diploma or GED required
- Class B CDL with air brake restriction removed and passenger endorsement preferred
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
*Safety sensitive positions require random drug testing.