JOIN the CAMTRAN TEAM:
Public transportation…more than just a job… a CAREER!
CamTran offers a variety of seasonal, part and full-time employment opportunities throughout the company.
At CamTran we are customer driven by a professional team, providing affordable, clean, safe, reliable and convenient mobility services for the public. All positions play a dynamic part in our mission.
Each employee at CamTran is dedicated to providing the best in customer service to ensure efficient and effective operation of our entire transit system, which is truly a CamTran team effort.
Be sure to check the website frequently for an updated list of openings.
How to Apply
CamTran always accepts applications for future consideration, in the event a position becomes available in the future. All applications are active for six months from date of submission and kept on file for a period of one year.
We encourage all applicants to resubmit an application when there is a change in employment history. All applicants must complete a CamTran job application for each position for which they are applying. Resumes without a completed application will not be accepted.
You are also requested to complete the “Affirmative Action Data Record” form, that is part of the application for each open position. This form is used for statistical purposes only and will be used for compliance with the law.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application:
1. Download, complete in its entirety, and sign the job application form. Indicate specifically the position for which you are applying. (required)
2. Attach a resume (optional)
3. Return the Application one of four ways:
Attn: Human Resources
502 Maple Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15901
2. Fax: (814) 536-5951
3. Scan and Email to: email@example.com
4. Hand-deliver to any CamTran location
Dependent on the position, a pre-employment skills assessment may be required.
You will only be contacted regarding your application, in the event you are selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - CamTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Cambria County Transit Authority is seeking motivated and qualified candidates for the following positions:
Rural Bus Operator (Part-time)*
Ebensburg location. Operates revenue service vehicles for fixed route, paratransit, and Reserve-a-Ride services to pick up, transport, and drop off passengers at their destinations throughout Cambria County. Responsible for helping passengers who require assistance, securing wheelchairs, and carrying packages. Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours per week. Pay rate: $9.00 per hour training wage, $15.14 hourly wage after completing Operator Training and passing CDL.
- At least five years of passenger car driving experience and a high school diploma or GED required
- Must maintain a valid Pennsylvania Class B CDL with air brake restriction removed and a passenger endorsement
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule including early mornings, split shifts, and weekends
Building and Grounds Laborer (Full-time)*
Provides maintenance and general repair to the buildings and grounds of all Authority properties. Responsible for the upkeep of all external landscaping including snow removal and operating lawn equipment, skid steers, and dump trucks. Will require frequent travel between CamTran facilities. Must be able to follow directions, perform work duties with limited supervision, and work in all types of weather conditions, as this position requires extensive periods of time outdoors.
Pay rate: $10.00 per hour
- A high school diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred
- Current, valid Pennsylvania driver's license required
- Must be willing to accept night and weekend callouts in emergencies
Transit Center Custodian (Part-time)
Transit Center location. Performs general cleaning and basic maintenance at the Transit Center, ensuring the facility is kept clean and free of hazards. Must be able to follow directions, perform work duties with limited supervision, and work in all types of weather conditions, as this position requires extensive periods of time outdoors. Pay rate: $9.35 per hour
- A high school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of custodial or basic building maintenance experience required
*Safety sensitive positions require random drug testing.